"Sugar is made on a farm" is a true statement. Hence, KTIS Group emphasizes on producing raw materials for each process by promoting farmers to plant sugarcane. By signing future sugarcane-sale contracts since the planting period, the farmers can be assured of such farming contracts with the company since their products has the sugar mills to support its market.
Additionally, the sugarcane farmers as contract signees will be financially supported through loans and other manufacturing factors, including the supervision from the factory from the beginning of plantation to the final processes of harvestingin order to ensure that farmers can efficiently and effectively produce sugarcane, such as:
- Inspection for suitability of the areas, where sugarcane farmers specify for plantation, to prevent farmers to grow sugarcane in improper areas, which later yield low production or risk natural disasters.
- Supervision in order to provide specific guidelines for each sugarcane plot as well as supply farmers with labor, equipment, tools and other helpful factors.
- Implementation of information systems to be used in sugarcane cultivation by farmers, which can help analyze information effectively. For example, it can determine harvest periods of sugarcane in each plot and analyze the ripeness of the sugarcane planted by farmers.
By realizing the importance of and supporting sugarcane cultivation by farmers, KTIS Group was successful in increasing sugarcane as raw materials from 6.4 million tons in 2005/2006 to nearly double the amount of 11.4 million tons in 2010/2011 in the plantation areas covering more than 1 million rai.
KTIS Group operates sugar mills which are located in areas suitable for sugarcane cultivation in Northern and Upper Central Regions of Thailand. The stability in raw materials can ensure and provide sufficient amounts of sugarcane due to the capacity of the pressing machines.
There are 3 sugar mills that are:
- KasetThai Factory location: 1/1 Moo 14 Nong Pho Sub-District,Taklee District, Nakhonsawan Province, 60140.
- Thai Identity Factory location: 42/1 Moo 8 Ban Hardsuatan, Kungtapao Sub-District, Muang District, Uttaradit Province, 53000.
- Ruampol Factory location: 128 Moo 7, Baan Ma-kluer, Maeung District, NakhonSawan Province 60000.
Currently, the 3 sugar factories have a total production capacity of about 83,000 tons of sugarcane per day, withKaset Thai Factory that has the capacity of about 50,000 tons of sugarcane per day, which is considered to be the largest capacity sugar mill in the world.